Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Friday, February 10, 2006
I'm baaaaack!
So it's been a while since I have posted. Maybe I should give myself a little credit... most times I think, damn I need to update my blog. Then I think, but it's been so boring lately. Ah well. Isn't that what you came here for? The mundane happenings of my daily life? So here... a little update of some random stuff.


Amalah has read my blog! And she posted a COMMENT (see my cookie porn post- I'm not lying!). Holy shit. I have truly arrrived in blog-land.


My birthday was February 4th. I am now 26 years old. Had a fabulous day. Jason took me to Ruths Chris Steakhouse in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. If you've never been, well go! I think I had the best meal of my entire life. Seared scallops as an appetizer, yummy garlic mashed potatoes and broiled tomatoes (yum), creme brulee and chocolate sin cake for dessert. And the highlight of the meal?


A delicious steak, so tender and juicy. Cooked in BUTTER (diet be damned) and served on a sizzling plate that's a hot 300 degrees. I savored every single bite.

As if all that great food wasn't enough of a gift, Jason fulfilled a little dream of mine. Behold, my first bag from COACH!!

Yea, the pic is a little fuzzy, but the purse is deeeevine. She is beautiful, no? It's my first born (coach handbag, that is). The husband did quite well this year (and he did well that night, if ya know what I mean!)


What else? My previous post about the Baltimore anchoring job isn't as great as I thought. Turns out the station only posted that job listing because all of their anchors' contracts are up for renegotiation, and the manager wanted to have some potential hires in mind, should anyone decide to leave. So there isn't an opening, just a potential opening. Bummer.

BUT my current station, in Harrisburg PA, is now talking to me about promoting me. So I may end up staying there. Turns out they really don't want me to leave and they are trying to make me an offer I can't refuse. Bring it on!


Poor Jason isn't feeling so hot. He got totally sick the other night (nausea and vomiting) and he kept going for like 5 hours. He just couldn't stop the dy heaves. I ended up driving him to the hospital because he felt so terrible. I got to sit in the ER from 1 am until 530 am, but the upside is he got some meds and the dry heaves stopped.

Since we got home Thursday morning, the poor thing has slept almost nonstop. He's eating a little, and no more nausea, but he feels like crap. It's probably this virus that's been going around. He's now buried under the covers in bed, with two dogs draped on top of him. They think his illness is the best thing ever... non-stop slumber party!


Eh, that's about all I can think of. Maybe things haven't been as ho-hum as I thought! Have a great weekend, everyone!


Blogger KellyF said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found your site! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
diet home
It covers diet home related contents.
All the best!

Post a Comment

<< Home