Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
I can see clearly....
Aw yeaaah. Momma's got a brand new set of peepers. Yup, I am the proud owner of two eyes that now see 20/20. Got Lasik surgery on Monday. Yippee!!!

I was sooo nervous before this surgery. Maybe it was the thought of someone **cutting** my poor little unsuspecting eye, and then frying it with a laser. Yea, it might have been that thought that made me a teensy bit nervous. But, you see, it was time for me to face facts. My eyes were pretty crappy. If I didn't have my glasses or contacts, I couldn't see a damn thing. It was so bad that I couldn't even see the big "E" on the top line of the eye chart that they always make you read.

I asked the doctor before the surgery, "hey, what is my vision right now? I know it's not 20/20... but what exactly is it?" He tells me that my poor peepers are so bad, that there isn't any term to describe them except for LEGALLY BLIND. Oh. So I am already blind... no need to worry about going blind due to surgery then, huh? Or so I told myself.

Anyways, the surgery was fast, only 5 minutes. And while it wasn't a barrel of laughs, it didn't hurt. I am now spending my days in a fabulous pair of oversize black plastic sunglasses that belong back in the 80's. Oh, and the clincher... NO MAKEUP for a week. But people... I CAN SEE! I wake up in the middle of the nite and don't have to squint and crawl over Jason to see what time it is. I can look across a room and READ things without any help. It's amazing.

Hooray for vision! Hooray for Lasik! Hooray for that xrazy amount of money just charged to my credit card. I may end up poor because of this, but at least I can read the bankruptcy papers from a mile away. So there :)


4 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

My eyes are the same way. My alarm clock is about 4" high. I cannot imagine waking up and being able to see clearly...CONGRATS!!

Blogger AnnaBana said...

Hooray for you and new eyeballs!! What a luxury it is to see 20/20 (I know because I can't). I do the same thing--crawl over my husband in the morning to see what time it is...or if I'm really lazy, I just wake him up to ask him! (He's really sweet about it though, cuz he feels bad for me and my blindness.)

Blogger Ticket 4 Two said...

Wow! I am to much of a wus to do anything like that! You are brave. An have perfect vision. Lucky, lucky girl.

Blogger Janet said...

my fiance had it done a couple months ago and LOVES it -- I am sure you will too. Just think of it as an investment. No more $$ going to stupid contacts, glasses, solution, etc.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer