Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Monday, November 21, 2005
Jagged Little Pill
So I wake up today all inspired to have a great Thanksgiving week... and decide to treat myself to a little Starbucks on the way to the TV station. Starbucks is like Toys R Us for adults around the holidays... all kinds of yummy coffees, gift baskets, $400 cappucino machines. Heavenly... and dangerous for the credit card balance.

So I make my order... a tall Peppermint Mocha. I mildly annoy the barista with massive dreads wrapped up in huge kerchief, because I can't pick a pastry to go along with aforementioned coffee. I finally order a slice of blueberry coffee cake and then I see it... Alanis Morrisette's Jagged Little Pill. The acoustic version. In a shiny wrapper right by the counter. Damn impulse buys.

So I go in planning to spend 5 bucks, and drop 25 instead. But I have my coffee, my coffee cake, and my new CD. I spend the next 40 minutes driving to work in total happiness, listening to all the songs I loved back in 1995. They're both familiar and new, with this new acoustic version. It's my new favorite CD, people. Just LOVE it.

So it's only 10:30 and I've had a fantastic day thus far. Yeah for good music and caffeine highs! *sigh*


3 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

hey I just stumbled across your blog from Ashlie's and wanted to say hi!

funny story: my future father in law will buy/eat *anything* that gets good ratings or reviews, whether it actually appeals to him or not. i swear he cannot make a decision without a review. so he goes out to buy the widely acclaimed jagged little pill, only to discover he HATED it and thought it was the worst CD ever. I guess it's not really something a 60-something corporate lawyer from the South would enjoy...but the acoustic sounds very cool to me!

Blogger Kelly said...

That's so funny! You're right, I can't picture someone of that generation really connecting with Alanis. I totally love it tho... I was 15 when the original came out in 1995. So much angst, ya know? Perfect for a teenager.

Anyway, thanks for visiting! It's funny to start a blog, cause I feel like nobody's gonna read it but me! Maybe I'll develop a following. :) I'll be sure to check out yours, too!

Blogger Ticket 4 Two said...

I've been wanting to get the starbucks Christmas cd. Fortunately I've been able to resist. Well see how long that lasts....

p.s. We are the same age! That song totally takes me back to freshman year. To funny.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer