Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Friday, May 25, 2007
T minus one day
I am looking at my calendar at work, and tomorrow's date is circled, with HAVE BABY written in big block letters. I do not miss appointments that I mark on my calendar. Whether or not my child will follow my example... is another story entirely.

I feel kind of crappy today, but not really anything that makes me think I'm about to go into labor. My back hurts and I get these sharp pains down really low when I walk around or stand up. I think it's just the pressure of his head since he's so low.

This morning's appointment was a bit of a let-down. Not much has changed since my appointment on Tuesday night. I am about 1cm dilated, but not quite wide enough for the midwife to get her finger in there to give a really good swipe to the membranes. She thinks she got it, but can't be totally sure. She did say she'd guess I go into labor in the next few days, but really, who knows? I'd be better off getting a psychic's prediction at this point.

I am really, REALLY hoping that today is my last day at work. So, please, baby, come toward the light! Follow the exit signs! As odd as it seems, you only have a short distance to travel to get outta there... and it's time. See you (hopefully) SOON!


6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I'm sending you lots of good labor karma! Come on out, little guy... :)

Blogger Silly Hily said...

Remember, I guesses he would come on Monday. Not that that means a single damn thing, but you know, that's what I guessed.
I hope you have a fabulous weekend and I hope at some point during this holiday weekend you are able to visit the inside of a hospital room. (Huh, never really thought I would say such a thing.)

Blogger Alison said...

Isn't it weird to think that they really only have a small distance to go, and yet labor can take so long!? Best of luck to you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you wrote that appointment on your calendar. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Blogger Unknown said...

SO EXCITING!! I hope he's like his Mommy and doesn't miss appointments, either :)

Blogger Liz said...

I so clearly remember having a very frank discussion with my belly, along the lines of "feel free to vacate the premises...NOW!"

Have a great holiday weekend and I hope you get to push that baby boy out out OUT! TOMORROW!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer