Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Lovely. Just lovely.
Here's what I've been dealing with since last night:

Yep. I got a flat tire last night, right before my OB appointment. Normally I'd change it myself, but I'm obviously not in the position to do that right now. Jason was an hour away (oh, and also on crutches). Fortunately, my very sweet nurse at my doctor's office called AAA and got it fixed for me.

Of course, that's not the end of the saga. I planned to get the tire replaced this morning before work, at a tire/auto center located within a superstore that rhymes with Small-Fart. Got there at 7 am, and sat and waited for almost one hour. It was then that a pimply-faced, rude Small-Fart employee shared the news that they actually didn't have the tire I needed in stock. Gee, thanks for nothing.

I proceed to drive to another tire center. The very nice manager tells me they don't have the tire I need, either. F*#$% @#$$%! But he directs me to another store location that does have my tire in stock! Yay!

Get to the other tire center, which is my third one so far this morning. They have my tire, they put it on, they align the wheels, and I finally got back on the road. The downside is that I was two hours late getting to work. Oh, and I'm out almost $250 bucks, which, incidentally, is also the amount of my insurance deductible for delivering at the hospital. So this month, I'll pay $500, and get a brand-spankin' new tire AND a baby in return! What a deal!

Moral of the story: I still have the spare tire around my middle, but at least my flat tire has been fixed.


6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I guess the bright side is that it didn't happen right before you needed to go to the hospital, right? Still frustrating though, I'm sure. But for the same price, the baby will be SO much cooler than the new tire. :)

Blogger L Sass said...

I don't know about that, I think babies and tires are about equal in coolness. :)

Just kidding, of course.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what I'd do... I hate being in this "helpless" state. And especially with the emotions. I'm sure I would cry at some point! "Poor helpless, pregnant me with my big belly and swollen feet!" So I think you dealt very well!

P.S. $250 is pretty good deal for a baby! Be thankful for insurance! :)

Blogger Silly Hily said...

You poor thing. I would have smacked that punk at Small-Fart.
$250 for a baby? Now THAT'S a deal.

Blogger Alison said...

Did you cry? Or think seriously about it? I almost cried yesterday when Babies R Us wouldn't exchange my stupid item - must be almost time to have a baby. On the bright side, $250 is actually a very reasonable insurance deductible (trust me, I've done research.)

Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

That's a pretty good deal, I think! Unless the baby cries alot and then not so much.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer