Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Can't believe it!
I just can't believe we've made it to this point. 39 weeks. How the time did fly! Jason took a few belly pics for me this weekend to celebrate hitting the 39 week mark, and here I am, in all my pregnant glory!


Wooooo. That is some belly. And, lest we forget how far I've come in this journey, let's look back at what my belly used to look like:


Why, oh why did I dislike that belly and wish for a flatter one? It's looking pretty damn good to me right about now! Guess it's that concept of "you don't know what you've got till it's gone!"

But back to reality... my boy has grown quite a bit, and I'm proud that I was able to provide such a secure home for him. Even if I do look like a whale. :)

The one saving grace here? Still no stretch marks. And, hell, even if some would start to crop up at this point, they shouldn't be too noticeable. Not sure how I've been so lucky, but I'll take it!

Still no signs of imminent labor! Despite Jason's chats with the baby to "hurry the hell up and come out already", it seems like our stubborn boy is quite comfy and isn't budging! Looks like I'm back to work tomorrow. Boo... I was hoping to start my maternity leave, but that won't happen until the Little Prince is born.

Have a great week!



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still look great!! Bravo to you for working until he's born....I had to stop two weeks before my due date.

Blogger L Sass said...

Woohoo, that is some belly, lady!

My friend had her baby this weekend (a week early), so you're next!!

Blogger Silly Hily said...

I also worked up until the day I had my kids. If I was able to, I figured I might as well to keep me from going crazy sitting at home...waiting.
You look great! Congrats on making it with no stretch marks.

Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

You look great! I also worked up until the day I had Kaylie. I left work about 3 days before Alyssa was born, but she was born a month early and I was in early labor and my doctor had put me on some pain meds and I couldn't have worked anyway!

At least when your at work the time (hopefully) will pass quickly!

Blogger Melissa said...

You look awesome! And you'll get to hold your little guy very soon! :)

Blogger Isabel said...

Kelly...you look great. I can't believe it's almost time!!

Blogger Liz said...

You look fantastic--and you SHOULD be so proud of the wonderful home you've made for your baby boy.
Believe it or not, you'll miss this!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer