Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Monday, April 09, 2007
Have worries? Eat ice cream!
Ya'll are some great internet buddies. A big "thank you" for your empathy and rational, helpful suggestions following my recent daycare breakdown. I'm still fighting the urge to obsess about the issue, but I've calmed down considerably since last week. We had a really nice weekend and I was reminded once again of the cure-all for all dilemmas:



Dear Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream:

I love you. I love your minty, chocolately goodness. I love how you can be cool and refreshing, while maintaining that touch of sweetness. I love how satisfied and happy I feel while consuming a big 'ole bowl of your fantastic flavor.

I do not, however, look forward to stepping on the scale at the doctor's office tomorrow. But you taste so good I might just forgive you.

Love,
Kelly

Damn that stuff is amazing. And addicting. I ate some for breakfast this morning, and I'm not even ashamed to admit it. For me, nothing can top the mint chocolate chip flavor. Jason thinks it is gross, and he prefers the coffee flavor, but I'm kinda glad we like different ice cream. That way, we each get our own tub of it... all to ourselves! :)

What's your favorite ice cream? Apologies in advance for the onset of cravings you're probably experiencing due to all this yummy dessert talk!



10 Comments:

Blogger L Sass said...

Fortunately, I ate so much yesterday at Easter, I'm not even tempted by the idea of ice cream!!

In Minnesota, we call "mint chocolate chip" ice cream "Peppermint Bon Bon"

For my money, I love cinnamon, dulce de leche and crazy Ben & Jerry's flavors like Chubby Hubby!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite ice cream is made by a local chain store...it's called Peanut Butter Pandemonium...vanilla ice cream with peanut butter cups, peanut butter swirls and fudge swirls....really? It's disgusting how much I *fluffy pink heart* it :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have such a limited range of flavours of ice cream in England, it sucks! I remember I went to the cold stone cremery in Hawaii and you could make you OWN flavour - it was incredible! I like it when I am in the States and I can go and drool over the ice cream section in the supermarkets!! Hehe.

Having said that though, I am obsessed with Pralines and Cream... Yum, Yum, Yum!!

Blogger Melissa said...

Breyer's mint chocolate chip is my favorite too! They used to make a low-carb version with Splenda a couple years ago that I devoured every chance I got. I miss it. :(

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that you're posting more often these days. Yeah to you! -Ella

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had some once at a Ben & Jerry's shop, that was cheesecake flavor with raspberry swirled and graham cracker crumbs... I love chocolate, but raspberry is so refreshing...

And so with the weighing at the doctor's office, does the doctor remind you what is "acceptable" weight gain? Mine does and it is extremely annoying... apparently I've gained more... although my blood pressure is low, and my measurements are right on... don't know what else i can do?

Blogger Lucky Gem said...

The hubby and I LOVE Breyer's ice cream. We don't like the same stuff so we always get our own tub, too!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite ice cream is chocolate-chip cookie dough, with cookies 'n cream coming in a close second. The other night my genius husband ate some chocolate-chip cookie dough ice cream on a chocolate chip cookie. I about died with jealousy.

Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Ooooh, I don't know if there is just one I could choose as my fave. I love chocolate, of course, but there is a Blue Bunny flavor that is incredible too. Birthday Cake flavor! OMG!

Also, Blue Bell's Banana Pudding flavor is wonderful!

Blogger CPA Mom said...

I had some of this last night, the light version, but still. Mint is the way to go!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer