Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Never knew
THINGS I WISH I'D HAVE KNOWN ABOUT BEING PREGNANT
  • When a man says that you look like you're due any day now (and you actually have, oh, two months to go) you have to seriously resist the urge to kick him in the balls.
  • That rolling from one side to the other in bed becomes a real challenge around 29 or 30 weeks.
  • That actually removing yourself from the bed may require use of a gigantic crane.
  • That if you lie back in the bathtub you can get stuck, like a turtle flipped on its back. Yep, happened to me!
  • That my body pillow is worth its weight in gold!
  • That I was so stupid to think my belly was big a few months ago. I had no idea what I was in for. And I have no idea what is gonna happen in the next 9 weeks.
  • That those cute little kicks would start to hurt as my big boy grows in there!
  • That I love, love, love feeling him move, even if it makes my stomach lurch.
  • That no matter how crappy my day is, he can make me laugh when he launches what feels like an earthquake in my belly.
  • That my husband would be so sweet and helpful during this time. He's gone above and beyond... taking care of me and picking up all the slack around our home. He's the best.
  • That hearing him talk about his hopes and dreams for our baby would make me fall in love with him all over again.
  • That decorating a baby's room can become an obsession for a nesting momma-to-be.
  • That (dare I say it??) hemmorhoids really do happen during pregnancy. So gross.
  • That I am considering buying stock in Palmer's Anti-Stretch Mark lotion. I've invested so much money in this stuff, and I slather it on every morning and night.
  • That I cheer every morning that I wake up without stretch marks... but I have a gut feeling they're gonna crop up sometime.
  • That as much as I love being pregnant with my baby, that my vanity gets the best of me sometimes, and I worry about never being attractive or sexy again.
  • That gaining weight, even when I know there is a good reason, is pretty hard to deal with.
  • That this baby makes me second-guess my career choices.
  • That I can't find a single day care provider yet, who I'd trust with my precious son.
  • That I worry about how good of a mom I will be.
  • That I never knew how much I could love someone who I haven't even met.
  • That 40 weeks is a long time to wait.

If you're a mom... add your "I never knews" to this! :)



9 Comments:

Blogger Isabel said...

I'm going to agree with the pillow statement. I would have DIED without some pillows helping me sleep at night.

(And I never got any stretch marks. So, you may very well never get any either. Especially this late in the game!!)

Good luck...just a few more weeks!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SO agree with the pillow statement, too. I spent $100 on a U-shaped pillow and it was SO SO worth it!!

I didn't get any stretch marks, either. Honestly, stretch marks can't be prevented. You either get them or you don't. The lotion does help the itchy skin, though :)

Everything on your list...would be on my own list. I remember toward the end that getting out of bed or the tub or even rolling over required some thought and a lot of effort.

It IS hard to find care for your child. I know exactly how you feel. Move to NY...I'll care for him during the day... :)

Hang in there..you're doing so well. :)

Blogger Lucky Gem said...

Everything on the list....yep for me too, except the hemmorhoid. None for me, nor stretchmarks. Like Kellie said, you're going to get them if you going to get them. They are mostly hereditary.

I never knew watching your favorite shows after having a baby becomes almost irrelavent (except Grey's Anatomy!)

I never knew how much I would worry about my baby girl EVERY DAY!!

I never knew that I wouldn't mind getting up in the middle of the night to feed her and that her cries are sweet, not annoying.

I might could go on...

Good luck. Did you decide on a name? Oh, please share.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHEM.

No good day care?

I'm hurt! (Just kidding, see you Saturday!)

Love Kasey
(your dear sister, and EXCELLENT child watcher!)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post was lovely, Kelly!

Am nosey and want to see belly pics. :) Sounds like your boy is a future soccer player in the making!

Blogger Kelly said...

Ah, perhaps I should clarify... if you saw my sister's comment...

My wonderful sister is going to watch the baby three days a week if she can coordinate her college class schedule. :) But that still leaves two days a week to figure out who will care for him, and so far, no one is fitting the bill just yet!

Love you, Kas! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a mom yet.. but at 32+ weeks... And I had a nurse at the allergist think I was due any day 6 weeks ago. And I'm not THAT big!!

I never believed people when they said total strangers would talk to me, but they do, and it's kind of creepy!

I never knew that pregnancy would make your nose stuffy for 7 months, and I didn't believe it when my friends told me I might snore, but I totally do, and I wear a nose strip every night, so I don't get stuffed up!

And daycare was hard. We went with our best choice, I had a gut feeling, my husband did not... So we are still kind of looking around, just to be sure. My SIL didn't find their daycare until my nephew was 6 weeks old, and she's the BEST. I just wish she lived close to me!

Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I could not have made it without my body pillow!

I never knew that the love you feel for your baby could be so instantaneous!

I never knew I would want to wake a sleeping baby all.the.time!

I never knew I would get so excited by a burp.

Also, everything on your list too!

Blogger Silly Hily said...

If my memory serves me correctly, I'm pretty sure I warned you to get ready to fall in love with Jason all over again. You haven't seen anything yet, just wait until you get to watch him one on one with his own son. Wow!
Also, the hems? I know I did a post on that. I'm claiming to have warned you on at least two of those. :-)

I never knew that I would hate women who never got one.single.stretch.mark. Freaks!

I never knew that potty training would be h-e-double-l. Consider that your warning into the toddler years.

I never thought I would make it this long (a year) without being peed on from my baby boy.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer