Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
T minus three days
The countdown to my big ultrasound is ON! I am so excited to find out the gender of this baby and get a glimpse of what's going on in there. I'm also a little nervous, too, just hoping that everything is okay.

By all accounts, I'm having a textbook pregnancy... no issues that my doctor has uncovered. We had a quad screen done at 16 weeks, which is a blood test that detects markers that could indicate some genetic disorders like Downs or Spina Bifida. Got those results back, and thank goodness they were normal. Plus, I've had my handy-dandy little rented doppler at home, and every couple of days I have checked Baby's heartbeat. It's nice and strong, thumping along, sounding much like a horse galloping through a field.

Despite all those reassurances, I just want to have a look in there... for an expert to take lots of measurements and nod at us thoughtfully and say, "Everything looks great! I've never seen a healthier little fetus!"

Of course, the next question I'll ask is, "Can you please zoom in on the kid's crotch? WHAT IS IT!?!?"

Christmas was fun and busy for us. We saw so many family members and everyone oohed and ahhed over my growing belly. And lots of them made guesses about the gender. I personally don't have a real guess. I just can't tell! At least I only have a few more days to go until I find out. 2:30 pm on Friday can't come soon enough!

So, do you have a guess as to what it is? Leave yours in the comments and we'll see who is right!


14 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

I'll guess girl, just because! Can't wait to hear for real though :)

Blogger Lizarita said...

I say girl...NO wait....boy....NO WAIT....girl.
Hell.....I don't have a clue. Can't wait til Friday!!!

Blogger Silly Hily said...

I have no idea what I think you are having so that baby better spread eagle on Friday...showing off the goods, whatever they might be because I'm dying to know what you are having!!! I can't believe you are already almost half way through your pregnancy. You look amazing....as I knew you would.

Blogger L Sass said...

I'll guess a boy... Probably because I always wanted a big brother!

Blogger liz said...

I'm saying boy.
Just because.

Good luck on Friday. Here's hoping the little one's legs aren't crossed.

And a happy new year to you, too!

Blogger Ella said...

boy

Blogger Eris said...

Off topic, sorry, my blog is now at eaudedeux.blogspot.com


Your current pregnant belly still looks flatter than mine.

Boy.

Blogger SJINCO said...

How fun and exciting to finally find out the sex of your baby!!! Of course I have no idea what you are having, but I'll say 'girl' just because I have two boys and wanted a girl the second time around!

Can't wait to hear the news....

Blogger Lucky Gem said...

I know exactly how you are feeling. I was so excited counting down the days, but nervous because I wanted to make sure everything was okay. So far, so good. Good Luck!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a long-time lurker, but just had to say a belated CONGRATULATIONS! (And I'm with Desiree.. damn belly.)

I'll go with girl. Because I swear, every baby that's been born lately has been a boy. GIRL.

Blogger Isabel said...

I think it's a girl. But either way, you'll be thrilled! :-)

I can't wait to hear...

Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I think it's a girl, but I could be wrong. Good luck!

Blogger Jessica said...

I stumbled across your blog via Amalah's Mom's Daily Dose. We live in the same county! (Sort of, my parents live here, I just moved to Philly.) Anyway, congratulations on the baby... these are exciting times!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting boy vibes too...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer