Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Friday, November 03, 2006
Kicking it bullet-style
* Amazing baby news of the week: We heard the heartbeat on Monday! What an amazing sound! Everything seems to be progressing perfectly, and I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. Yay for almost being out of the first trimester!

* Just call me an obessive mama-to-be. I don't have another doctor's appointment for 4 weeks, and I really wanted to hear that little heartbeat again. So I rented a Doppler. I know, obsessive. You can crack jokes... in fact, you probably SHOULD. Next thing ya know, I'm gonna go all Tom Cruise and buy my own damn ultrasound machine. Hmm... wonder if you can rent those?!?

* Big news at work... I got a promotion! I had been anchoring a weekend newscast before, and now I work Monday thru Friday, anchoring our 5:00 and 5:30 pm news. I'm really excited about it, but already I am worrying about how to juggle my career and the baby. Again, obsessive.

* Haven't told my boss yet about the baby. You know, it's really perfect timing.
BOSS: Congrats! You're being promoted!
KELLY: That's great! Oh, by the way, I'm knocked up. AND I'm gonna give birth during the most important ratings month of the year! Isn't that GREAT!
BOSS: Nevermind what I just said. You're being FIRED, not promoted.

At least, that's how I pictured it going. So therefore, not telling the boss just yet. Seriously, though, he's cool, so I'm sure it will be fine.

* We're getting hardwood floors! Ordering this weekend and hubby wants to install them himself. God help us all. (Just kidding... he built our fence and it looks great.)

*Is it really bad if I had a Lean Cuisine for "lunch" at 11:30 and am now seriously considering a second lunch around 2pm? I mean, baby's hungry! I am such a hog.

Toodles!


8 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

We rented a doppler too, at least until the first ultrasound (which wasn't until 20 wks), so I don't think you're crazy at all. I wouldn't have even known about it if Amalah hadn't done it! Look, we held ours up to the computer microphone and made a .wav file to send to our parents!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can rent something to hear your baby's heartbeat? Wow... I'm really uneducated on this baby stuff. But that's exciting news. And congrats on the promotions and the hardwood floors. I'd love to see photos of them when you get them finished.

Blogger Janet said...

Congrats on the promotion!!!!! You are a superstar and I'm sure you will be a fabulous mommy too. I still can't believe you are going to have a baby!!!

Blogger Swampwitch said...

Just happened to stumble upon your blog...what a wonderful story and "This is a Live Report" is so very exciting. Congratulations on the report and the promotion.

Blogger Eris said...

Now, I don't mean to pry, but I recall that just recently you went in for a full, ahem, wax, and now you're knocked up. Coincidence? I think not....

Blogger Isabel said...

Life is good. I love it. Congrats.

Blogger Silly Hily said...

You crack ho! Why didn't you e-mail me and tell me you got the promotion!? Congrats girl. I know you really wanted that. You rock.
It's not crazy that you rented a doppler. People do it all the time. Just make sure you get the baby's heartbeat instead of your own. They are easy to mix up.
One Lean Cuisine is totally not going to cut it for your growing appetite sister. Eat away. You can still stay healthy, but you'll definitely be eating more.
I can't believe you are almost done with the first trimester. Damn! You are going to be giving birth before you know it.

Blogger Jessica said...

Congrats on the promotion! I'm going to have to tune in tomorrow!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer