Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Scenes from a uterus
Forget Christmas. THIS was the big day. I was like a little kid just squirming in anticipation for my ultrasound on Friday.

We must have looked silly walking into the radiology center... me, my husband, and our merry little band (my mom, Jason's mom, and my sister). Yep, I had FOUR people hoping to sit in on the ultrasound while the tech went on the Great Genital Hunt (and the Great 'Check Out The Bambino's Health Hunt,' too)!

Thank goodness the place had obviously seen such craziness before. They laughed as we walked in the door, with Jason recording on our new video camera to document the experience for baby's future viewing pleasure. "There's your mommy, and there's her belly! That's where you are!" And they sweetly accomodated us by letting everyone in the ultrasound room during the scan.

My tech was the nicest guy ever. He explained everything as he went and provided a running commentary for everything we were seeing on the screen. Which I needed... I could only make out the kid's spine and that was about it at first. We got nearly an hour to watch the baby wiggle around while the tech took all the necessary measurements. Thank goodness, everything looks perfect!

At first, the baby had its little butt jammed down near my pelvic bone, and wouldn't budge. This didn't bode well for determining the gender. But the tech went ahead and did other measurements while I hoped that the orange juice I drank a few minutes earlier would give the baby a sugar rush and hopefully spur a little movement.

Fortunately, it worked! Remind me not to feed this kid sugar later... wow did it make things start to move! The tech swirled the ultrasound wand over my belly and waited to get a glimpse of the goods... and there... there it was! The money shot!



A BOY! WITH A PENIS AND EVERYTHING! I must say, the tech was very impressed with the little guy's equipment. He said it was so obvious he'd bet a year's salary that he was absolutely a boy. The baby even latched onto his winkie with his HAND while we watched. Jason was so proud.

So as I adjusted to the fact that I, a girl, am capable of carrying around a little penis-equipped BOY for nine months, we continued with the ultrasound. And god, is this little guy cute.

Behold, cute little feet.


You can even count all of the little toe bones. PEOPLE! My kid has TOES! Obviously he's very advanced for his age.

He's also a little creepy, if you go by this particular picture:


I may or may not be giving birth to alien spawn, by the looks of that one. The eye sockets sorta skeeve you out, no? But hey, he has EYE SOCKETS! AND A BIG HOLE FOR HIS LARGE GENIUS BRAIN! :)

And here is my favorite picture.

Sweet baby's profile. I know I am biased, but what a cute little head! And nose! And chin! Gah, I can't wait to kiss that perfectly shaped little head.

So that's it. He seems perfect. Ten toes, ten fingers, one penis.

And one happy mom.



13 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

I couldn't see the pics in this post (not sure why?) but I checked them out in flickr. I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen ultrasound pics in a long time. Those are amazing. Congratulations on the exciting day!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AH TOTALLY PERFECT!!! Congrats and YAY and thanks for sharing!!

Happy amazing 2007!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are precious photos - the alien one cracked me up, but the last one? So peaceful. I loved them. Yay!

Blogger L Sass said...

Congratulations!!! These pictures are amazing... but I can't wait to see him "in person." (I'm sure you can't, either!)

Blogger Nikki said...

Oh congrats! That is great news!!

Blogger Isabel said...

A boy...you're gonna love it. Boys are so fun!

(not like I know any different. But yeah, we like our boy.)

(glad everything is okay. That's the best part!)

Blogger Eris said...

Hah! Do I win for my boy prediction? Can I rub it in other blogger's faces?

Congrats my dear!

Blogger Erika said...

I felt the same way!! Like...how did my body know how to make a boy?? So glad to have another blog boy!!!!!!!!! Now the fun begins.

Blogger Silly Hily said...

Ahhhh, a little boy!!!!! Congratulations.
And you busted him with his hands down there? HA! We caught Silly Boy doing the same thing. In the womb. It just goes to show that it really does all start before birth. Men are men.
The alien shots always freak me out a little.

He is one cute little boy though (BOY!). How much shopping for blue have you done since finding out? I bet a ton.

Sooooo, names........waiting......

Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Congratulations!! And it's great to hear that HE is perfect! He will be here before you know it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first picture.. ahem.. of the penis.. well it almost looked like you were growing a duck in your belly.

I am glad your tech had a good eye!

Quack quack! Congrats to you!

Blogger Lizarita said...

Yay! So excited for you and your hubby!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer