Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
The queen of indecision strikes again
God help me, I have no idea how I ever worked up the guts to get married. I have a real problem with committment.

It looks like our contractor will start working on our new stamped concrete patio tomorrow. Shouldn't I be excited? Oh no, I'm terrified. And second guessing EVERY FLIPPING DECISION I've made about the damn thing.

Today I had to stake out the basic shape of the patio to get the construction permit from our town. I still like the shape we're doing (it's not a run of the mill rectangle shape-- more curves and a little more fancy looking). My problem is the size.

I can't tell if it's big enough. All told, it'll be over 400 square feet. I think that sounds good, but again, I am OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE SOMEBODY GIVE ME DRUGS I NEED HELP RIGHT NOW INDECISIVE. What if it's too small? What if the color comes out all wrong? What if I hate it?

I have problems.

Then again, I had no trouble picking out this dress from White House/Black Market for a fun wedding last weekend. (I'm on the left in the oh so cute polka dot sash).















And hey, I had no trouble picking this hottie to hang around with forever:
















See, I don't have problems with those decisions. It just the ones that cost thousands of dollars and can't be exchanged that I suck at.

hmm...

And yes, I guess that means that I think I can "exchange" my husband if I want to. Though I'd never do that...

.... But it would be easier than getting rid of thousands of pounds of stamped concrete patio.

I'm just sayin'.

I should shut up now.


3 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

love the photos! and the dress. and though I don't love your man, I can totally see why you do!

I think my apartment is the size of your new patio, if that makes you feel any better about it? seriously. that's kinda sad huh?

Blogger Janet said...

love the photos! and the dress. and though I don't love your man, I can totally see why you do!

I think my apartment is the size of your new patio, if that makes you feel any better about it? seriously. that's kinda sad huh?

Blogger Silly Hily said...

Dude, so sorry I've been m-i-a. Again, I can totally relate. We are starting to finally work on our flower beds. Have you tried to do a flower bed from scratch. I have no idea what plants or flowers or trees to put in. Not to mention what to line the flower bed with. Stone, brick, nothing, pavers. And then what colors? And then mulch or rocks. And what about patio furniture to sit on while looking at this fabulous flower bed. I'll shut up now but can't you see that I'm a freakin' non-decisive person just like you. It's terrible and I freak out about it to. ALL the time. Massive good luck with it all.
Oh, and a-dorable dress!!!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer