Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Why do people do what they do?
I am so sad and angry right now. A very close family member, who I love dearly, gave me some very sad news today. She and her husband are separating, and eventually divorcing.

The clincher? She just had a baby two months ago. Turns out her husband has been CHEATING on her with a coworker since right after she got pregnant. She found out about it, halfway thru the pregnancy, and tried to work it out with him. However, he decided to carry on with the affair.

Now, he says he doesn't really care about the marriage, and wants to focus on himself. So so selfish. I am livid. My wonderful family member is now a 31 year old single mother to 2 great kids. He is a scumbag, in my humble opinion. How can some people be so selfish? That is all, for now.


5 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

ugh, that is terrible. I am so sorry that is happening to her! She is very lucky to have you, though. I am sure she will need your friendship more than ever now.

Blogger Kelly said...

What! My crazy sister is now responding on my blog! :) Hey hun... ((hugs)).

Blogger Silly Hily said...

I am so, so, so, so, so sorry! All I can say is someone in my family VERY close to me is having kind of similar problems (only the divorce and affair happened about a year ago, now it's the fall out with the kids) and it makes me just sick to my stomach that grown ups can't act like adults. ESP when kids are involved! Again, I'm SO sorry. I know how you feel and it sucks.

Blogger Sarah said...

That is terrible. Good friends of mine and my husband just got divorced after 9 months of marriage. I know this must be hard on you too. Best of luck!

Blogger AnnaBana said...

UGH, that story hits close to home for me too, similar thing has happened to someone I know closely too. Crap like that happens WAY too often in this world, and people like that are pathetic. I get this deep-set anger when I hear about stuff like that happening. DON'T YOU HATE SELFISH PEOPLE!?! SO sorry that happened to your family.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer