Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Monday, April 30, 2007
My 100th post
I'm jumping on the blogging bandwagon today, with a fabulous interview by my dear cyber-friend Silly Hily! I just love this chick! She and I are very similar, and she's also the very first person who found out I was pregnant, because she was the one who said I should just take a damn test when I was totally in the denial phase! :) So, here we go! An interview of me, by Silly Hily!

1.) Let's get the serious one out of the way first so we can have some fun: Do you think NBC went overboard with the VA Tech "package" that the killer mailed them? I mean, do you think we really needed to see that sick human being pointing a gun at us through our TV or newspaper?

I definitely think that the pictures and video sent by the gunman to NBC were WAY overused. Was it newsworthy that the killer sent the package to NBC? Most definitely. Should the material have been shared with the public? I do think it should have been, at least initially. However, where I object as a journalist, is when you open a magazine or newspaper and see a huge picture of this guy pointing that gun at us. Pure shock value. My television station actually made the decision to NOT air those photos because of their disturbing nature. We also thought that it wasn't right to show them, because airing them would have been satisfying the gunman's desires. He wanted those pics and videos to be shown all over the country, and he wanted his name and his rantings to be front page news. My station didn't feel comfortable with the idea of giving him exactly what he wanted.

2.) What will be your first alcoholic beverage that you treat yourself to after you give birth? (Nothing like changing the subject, huh?)

Oh my gosh, I have been dreaming about this, which is sad because I'm not even a huge drinker! But still... I've been craving a really good glass of white wine, and a cold beer on the patio this summer. If I have to pick just one drink to have first... I'd like to have a chilled, minty mojito. Jason had one a few weeks ago when we were out for dinner, and I did take a sip or two, and my god it tasted like heaven!

3.) I can't believe it's almost time for you to have that baby! Are you ready? Do you have your bags packed?

EEK! A child is about to exit my body via my vagina! In a matter of weeks! Um, obviously I am not quite mentally ready, but I can tell you my body is most definitely tired of being pregnant. My feet are killing me, and my back is having some not-so-good-days. In terms of actual preparedness for having a tiny little human live in our home, we're doing pretty good! We are almost finished the nursery and just have to hang curtains and a few pictures. My shower was last weekend and this kid is so spoiled. He has enough clothes for about 5 outfit changes per day. I've even washed most of his stuff already. We have almost all the baby gear we need, and what we do have has been assembled by Daddy. I do have to pack my hospital bag soon, but I was sort of hoping that by leaving it unpacked, the baby might decide to come early and play a joke on us. :) We're almost there!

4.) Rate your pregnancy on a scale from 1-10 (of course, 1 being "sucks monkey balls what in the hell was I thinking" and 10 being "how long do I have to wait to get knocked up again?").

Hmm. I've been so lucky to be healthy and relatively comfortable during the past nine months. However, I am most definitely not ready to get knocked up again! The pros of my pregnancy: relatively no morning sickness, healthy throughout, no issues with pain until very recently. The cons: just in the past week or so, I've been having some back pain, indigestion, and my feet are swelling and hurting a little. Oh, and the one little 'roid I had, although it went away! Woo hoo (and sorry for the TMI, there).

Probably the worst part of my pregnancy has been the weight gain. Right now, I'm carrying 40 extra pounds on my frame. It makes me tired, and it's been tough to see the extra fat on my thighs and upper arms, and the chipmunk cheeks I developed. But I can't say that's the baby's fault... I've just been enjoying food a little too much!

Bottom line... I'd rate this pregnancy an 8. I definitely look forward to having another, just not super soon. But ask me this question again, after I push this baby out of my special place. Maybe I'll re-think things... who knows!

5.) Do you think Katie Holmes is seriously as trapped and insecure and stupid and sad and pathetic as the media is making her out to be?

I knew Hilary wouldn't be able to avoid a question about our mutual love of celebrity gossip! I definitely think there is something odd about Katie and Tom's relationship. When I look at candid photos of her from back in her Dawson's Creek days, she seems happy, fun, and normal. Now she definitely has a sort of glazed-over look to her eyes. She just seems so different from the old Katie. I don't know if she is trapped or just brainwashed, but something is definitely weird about her. I just hope if she is trapped and sad, that she finds a way out. Tom seems like he could be very controlling, and for her sake and her daughter's, I hope she'd be able to get it together and leave if it is a bad situation.

Now, enough about me and my opinions on the relationships of the stars! Here's what happens next:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." (If I don't have your email address already, either leave it in the comment or email me at kfodel at comcast dot net)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


4 Comments:

Blogger L Sass said...

Your take on the VA Tech package is really interesting--I always find coverage of these kinds of tragedy so weird. It's so easy for it to become a spectacle.

I also have to say, it's great to hear that SOMEONE had a decent-ish pregnancy experience. My two closest friends who have given birth were sick and miserable for all 9 months. You're lucky!

If you have any brilliant interview questions for me, I'm in!

Blogger Silly Hily said...

Aw, thank you...for doing the interview and for talking all nice about me.
I was really interested in hearing what you had to say about the VA tragedy. Good for your station! If I lived there, I would watch you.
Why is it that you want something so bad when you can't have it. I'm not a huge drinker (don't get me wrong, I like to drink but I don't long for it like I do Sonic) but when I was pregnant? OMG what I wouldn't have done to have a drink, any drink, and down it like it was water in the middle of the desert.
Now, go pack that bag girl!

Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I can't believe you don't have a bag packed! Of course, Alyssa was all "I wanna come early" so I was as prepared as possible.

Katie Holmes is totally trapped and unhappy!

Blogger PomJob said...

You look fabulous, but if you want tips for losing the baby weight, let me know! I'll hook you up with an awesome registered dietitian!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer