Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Saturday, June 10, 2006
The one where you get to know TMI about my vah jay jay
So.

Um.

I have thought for a little while about writing this post. I'm not accustomed to writing about troubling or upsetting things in my blog. Normally I just write about funny stuff. But this has been on my mind for a while.

I had to go to my OB/GYN the other day, because I have been having a little problem. I've been spotting for DAYS before my period. I've been off the pill since last fall, and we've been using other forms of protection. But for the past few months, I've been having this spotting issue. Plus, I've been charting to avoid pregnancy, until we were ready. In the process, I realized a couple of things were wrong.

Fast forward to my appointment on Thursday. I'm naked from the waist down, covered by this thin paper piece of crap that they call a sheet. *snort*

Doctor comes in. I start to explain what's going on... spotting, odd cycles, la la LA.

Doctor: "Well, a woman's period comes 14 days after ovulation."
Kelly: "No, it doesn't."
Doctor: "YES, it does."
Kelly: "Well, mine doesn't. I'm lucky if I make it 10 days."
Doctor: "Oh. Then there's definitely a problem."

THANKS A FUCKING LOT FOR YOUR BEDSIDE MANNER THERE, DOC!

I am now the proud owner of a somewhat defective uterus. Looks like I have a luteal phase defect and somewhat irregular cycles.

Bad news... this could cause problems for us when we try to get pregnant.

Good news (at least according to my doctor) is that I'm healthy and could probably get pregnant on my own. It's not like I am infertile or anything. If I don't get pregnant all on my own, a little help from a pill or two should get us nice and knocked up.

It's funny... we had planned on trying to have kids sometime soon, maybe later this year. But now that I've learned that we might hit a few bumps in the road getting there... I realize how much it means to me.

It means a lot.


6 Comments:

Blogger Silly Hily said...

If there is one thing in this world that I don't take for granted, it's my fertility. Isn't it ironic that women do everything in the world to avoid pregnancy because we are taught that if a man comes near us we WILL GET KNOCKED UP! While that is the case sometimes and while I will teach my daughter this very same thing ("boys are bad honey, stay away from them, they will get you pregnant if you look at them") it's unfortunate that for some very deserving women, it just doesn't come that easily. I'm not sure how you are with religion but I'm religious and will be praying for you and your husband. Who knows, maybe this is God telling you, "Yo, stop trying to prevent and let me handle this puppy." I really will be praying for you and I'm sorry I just read what you wrote.
On the plus side, you and your husband are way too genetically gifted to NOT reproduce. God will give you kid(s), they'll help decorate his world.

Blogger Janet said...

I'm sorry you are going through this, but it seems like the bright side is that now you know and you can try to plan accordingly. And that you have good health insurance! :)

Blogger Silly Hily said...

Okay, I need to either get your e-mail address or I need to know if comments are e-mailed to you when left. I'm am seriously bored at work so I went back and read you from the beginning and I have a fucking list of things we have in common! I'm not kidding. It's kind of spooky. Anyway, I either need to send you a long e-mail or I'll go back and comment on each post I need to comment on if the comments are e-mailed to you.
Holla.

Blogger Eris said...

I am new to this blog.

You have very purty pictures.

Gynecologists often have horrible bedside manner and will tell you to have babies 5 minutes ago because your fertility will be gone forever. Bah. Look on the bright side, you found your keys today :)

Blogger Meg said...

I hate doctors. And "bedside manner" is an oxymoron. I'm convinced. (((hugs))) on the whole vah jay jay thing.

Oh, and I just noticed that you have a really only link to me on your blogroll. I was mabelsmuse, but then I came out of the closet. My real name is Meg. http://www.threesunsets.blogspot.com

Blogger Erika said...

At least you found out before you started trying, right??

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer