Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
have i mentioned that i am tired?
Ok, so here is the deal. Though the details have not been finalized, my bosses are definitely moving me to our station's morning show. I have to stick with my current schedule through next week, but then I will be working mornings.

I still have some concerns, particulary about my salary. They can't really answer that question for me right now (annoying and odd, yes I know). So for now I will just keep my current salary until they come to me to do a new contract. If the new contract would involve too much of a pay cut, I may still end up quitting.

The other issue is the hours. They want me to work from 3:30am until 12:30pm. I want to adjust those hours slightly, so I can get home to Aiden a little earlier. We'll see if they agree, but they wouldn't give me an answer today.

I'm a bit annoyed by the lack of committment, but the big thing has been accomplished. Aiden won't be in daycare for 11 hours a day. At most, it will be maybe 5 or 6 hours from the time Jason leaves in the morning, and I'll be home to spend all afternoon and evening with Aiden until we go to bed. I don't know if this will end up working out in the long run, but for now at least I have something better to try.


6 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

maybe they just needed to know that you were SERIOUS? This is progress...I hope they give you more though!

Blogger PomJob said...

Holy crap! You're going to have to leave your house at 2:30! And wake up at 1:30! That means going to bed at like 6:30 p.m.! I really hope this works out for you! Congrats on your awesome negotiating skillz.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm wondering when you're going to sleep? If you're up all night working and up all day watching Aiden - I think that only translates to like 3 hours of sleep... You're a super women if you can handle only 3 hours of sleep.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting (sorta) what you wanted!! 3:30? In the MORNING?! Dear God, woman...you'll be getting almost no sleep. I know the best part is not having Aiden in daycare for 11 hours, but what is so little sleep going to do to you? I'm worried. I shouldn't be. None of my business. I'm sorry.

Again, congrats on getting what you need!!

Oh and for idiots like myself? Tell us what goes in with a newscast. And WHY would you have to be there so early?

Blogger Frema said...

I'm worried about your sleep, too. What time will you have to go to bed to make this work for you?

I'm glad your bosses offered you some sort of compromise, though! And if you're happy with it, all the better. :)

Blogger Me said...

please tell me they are getting rid of the current um....well anyway, thats the reason I don't watch in the morning...but I will now!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer