Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
hate hate hate
Good lord, this is getting worse before it gets better. Since I'm away from Aiden for 11 hours, I am pumping at least three times while at work. That can be difficult, since I am sent out on news stories and never quite know when I'll be back. So, I've been scheduling myself to the max, and managing to make it work. Until today.

This morning I was assigned a story at 10am. I decided to make some phone calls and set up interviews, then go and pump quickly before hitting the road with my camera crew. I am *thisclose* to getting up to head for an empty office when all of a sudden everything changes. Now they've decided to switch my story, and I need to leave now. I asked if I could have 15 minutes and was refused. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

So guess what I did? I went out, got my video, did my interviews, and then PUMPED MY BOOBS in the back of a news vehicle while my photographer drove to the next story. Oh, did I mention that? Yeah, after we got everything we needed to do our story we were re-assigned again. And nothing beats pumping yourself like a cow while driving around with your coworkers. God, I love this job. Oh, well, at least I bought the car adapter for my pump... otherwise I'd have been screwed.

Is it Friday yet?? More importantly, is it Wednesday yet, so I can get a new job here or get the hell out.


7 Comments:

Blogger L Sass said...

Oh man, pumping in the back of a news truck sounds both uncomfortable AND dangerous. Hope tomorrow brings good news!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't say I envy you. Sorry :(

Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Sorry. I may have laughed at that story.

Blogger Kelly said...

nah, they don't hate me. it's just the nature of TV news and it sucks. totally not the glamorous job people think it usually is.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow - hope the news is at least defining so you can move on with your life.

Blogger Frema said...

I'm still impressed over the tidbit that breast pumps have car adapters. The more you know....

Good luck tomorrow, Kelly! We're rooting for you.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi. i'm a lurker and first time commenter. man, that sucks! i'm a newspaper turned broadcast journalist, and i have to say those mediums are so much different than tv! we're lucky in that we can do all our interviewing from the office!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer