Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Thursday, August 23, 2007
it's over
my maternity leave is over. right now my little boy is sleeping on my shoulder, sweet smelling and with the weight of his little body settling on to mine. i can't stop the tears as i realize that this is it. for nearly one year we've been together almost constantly, as i carried him in my belly and then finally in my arms. but tomorrow i have to pass him into different arms and leave him. nor for forever, but for far too long.

my god, i am going to miss him. i love him with everything in me, and this is the hardest thing i've ever done. i just wish things could be different.


6 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Oh Kelly.

I feel your pain. I promise you that it will get easier, it's just going to take a little bit. Some days will be easier than others. But keep the faith and remember that you're doing what's best for you and for your family.

Good luck!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, feel the heaviness in your heart and the sadness closing over you. The day before I was to return to work last April? KILLED me. I cried all day.

But, I'm a wuss. You? Clearly are not. Things WILL work out. Whether it's with you working or with you being home. Everything will work out.

I promise.

Blogger Frema said...

Oh, I hope your bosses come to their senses and work out a new schedule with you! Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Blogger AnnieM said...

Goosebumps.

I am thinking of you today. Only you know what will work best for your family. Good Luck.

Blogger Lucky Gem said...

I want to cry for you, too. I love the look on Aiden's face in the picture. Let us know how your first day back at work is. And I'm sure everything will work out and fall into place.

Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I am so sad for you today. I know how hard it is going to be for you. But, know this. It will get easier. Not overnight by any means, but eventually. And, when you see him when you get off work and his little face lights up, it will be the best feeling in the world!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer