Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
More questions!
Reminder: I've switched to Blogger Beta, which gives you a lot of cool customizing tools for your blog. However, one problem! Until they work out a few kinks, Beta users can't comment on regular blogs, and vice versa.

Here's how to comment: when you click to comment, you can just click "Other" for your identity, and type in your name and copy your blogger website URL into the website field. Or if you're feeling lazy, click anonymous and leave your name in the comment section. Apparently Blogger is fixing this problem soon (I hope).

Now, back to your burning questions! I know, I've taken way too long to finish this up. FYI... I'm saving your questions about the TV business for my next post. So for now...

Jill asked:
What are your favorite things? Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens? Or colors, foods, etc. Just silly little things. ;-)
Food: Pasta
Non alcoholic Drink: Diet Dr. Pepper
Alcohol: Asti Spumante
Clothing: Ann Taylor Loft or New York & Company
Bags: Coach
Car: Audi
Color: Red or green (I looove Christmas!)
TV show: Grey's Anatomy (I am so glad it's back on THIS WEEK!)
Pet: Dogs
Book: My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult
Movie: Forrest Gump
Vacation: Caribbean Cruise (and we're going on another one in October!)
Hobby: Reading
Toe: My "index" toe is kinda cute!

Janet asked:
Any advice for newlyweds?
Hmm. My husband says I am completed unqualified to answer this question! :) My biggest advice is to always think like a team. For us, it's easy to see a discussion turn into a "who is right?" contest. We try really hard to give each other the benefit of the doubt and try to work things out without "winning" an argument.

I've always found it striking how respectful and kind people can be with their co-workers, friends, etc. Why, then, do so many people neglect those who the should care for the most? I think couples can get lazy and forget that they owe their greatest respect and kindness to their partners. If you can show respect for your coworker during a debate, you can certainly do the same for your spouse. Don't get lazy or take liberties with your spouse in that arena.

CPA Mom asked:
Name all the jobs you've ever had, which was your favorite and which was the worst.
From bad to best:
Kennel staff at vet hospital. Dog crap. Lots of it. Nuff said.
Sales at music store. Boring. Easy. But really boring.
Waiter at Outback SteakHouse. Holy crap that is exhausting work!
Victoria's Secret. Yay for free bras! But not exactly my life's ambition.
Intern at WBAL TV in Baltimore. No money. Poor. But I learned so much for my career.
Anchor/reporter in Nebraska. First TV job! Almost zero money! Nebraska! Nuff said.
Anchor/reporter in Harrisburg. My current job. Lots mo money, opportunities, & prestige. It's really great :)

Where did you grow up and where do you live now?
I was born and raised in Harford County, Maryland. I lived there all my life, until I moved halfway across the country for my first TV job in 2002. It's a great place to grow up. Most of my family still lives there today. Now, I live about 35 minutes away from my parents, in south central Pennsylvania. I'm just over the PA line, and I love it here.

Where did you go to college?
I graduated in 2001 from Towson University, in Baltimore, Maryland. I have a double degree in Political Science and Broadcast Journalism.

What is your favorite book? Favorite Movie?
see above!

Does Suri really exist and if she does, why do we care?
Please. Alien spawn. No doubt about it.
And of COURSE I care! Celebrity news is my life blood. Because I am pathetic and gossipy. Hey, at least I admit it!


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice -- I think you are totally right about it! Eeek I am so excited to be a newlywed :)

And my mom just gave me a copy of My Sister's Keeper; I really need to read it!!

Blogger Silly Hily said...

I don't have beta yet and I can comment and you comment on mine. I'm scared to switch to beta. Maybe I'll get my brother to help me one weekend. He's computer smart like that.
Okay, so next time (whenever that might be) hubby and I go up north to visit his family (he's from Youngstown, OH) I'm totally letting you know and we will meet up b/c you aren't too far from there are you? Or, maybe I'll arrange to take him to a Steelers game sometime, he's a big fan.
Anyway, a cruise next month!? You suck. What I wouldn't give for my 'belly' to be tan. It hasn't seen sunlight in years. Enjoy it and take lots and lots of pictures! We will NEED to see them. Muah.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

- Ann Taylor Loft Rocks!
- Grey's Anatomy is so good but I'm annoyed they moved it to Thursday nights.
- A Caribbean Cruise? I am mucho jealous.

Thanks for including my lame question!

Blogger Silly Hily said...

Oh, I forgot. Grey's Anatomy! Eeeeeee. So excited.
And I love New York & Company and missed them SO much while I was preggo.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visting. Not even sure I can figure out how to post. Just when I figure out a couple of things about Blogging, things change. I notice Blogger is having an outage later, maybe they'll do something about not being about to post pictures. Your blog is interesting and I plan to come back to read more.

Blogger Thomas said...

I have seen Baby Suri. I subscribe to this magazine called Vanity Fair see...

Blogger Ella said...

i love the loft too!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diet Dr. Pepper! I love that stuff. It has apertame so we may grow a third eye, BUT NO CALORIES!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it lame that I was excited to see you answered my questions? Yes? Oh well, I'm the queen of lame.

J. Picoult rocks! I love all her books.

Blogger Silly Hily said...

You know, caffeine-free Diet Dr. Pepper tastes just like the real stuff. Just so you know.

Blogger AnnaBana said...

Oooh, I read a book by Jodi Picoult, and BAWLED my eyes out!! It was called The Pact, and I totally recommend it.

And I like what you said about the whole respect for your partner thing. Makes great sense!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer