Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Baby whispering
My good sleeper seems to have returned. (Knocking on wood!) This week I started reading the Baby Whisperer and really liked her ideas about getting your baby to sleep. I'm just not comfortable with letting Aiden "cry it out," but I also didn't want him to become dependent on nursing to sleep or sleeping with me all the time.

I've only been trying this for a few nights, but so far, it's working. You basically let the baby fuss or cry a little, pick him up, and the instant he stops crying, you put him back down. You can pat his back until he begins to really cry again, then repeat the steps of picking him up to soothe him. At first, Aiden resisted and cried a bit, but now all it takes is a few back pats and he only fusses a little before dropping off to sleep. For the past two nights, he has slept from 9 pm to 5 am. Woohoo! Success!

We now take a break from our regularly scheduled program to bring you this baby butt:

Yes, he likes to stand up and hold himself up to watch the water filling his bathtub. And, no, he's not even five months old yet. I have a feeling we'll be in trouble when he can finally figure out how to get around on his own! This is one active, athletic baby!

And now, this poorly framed family portrait:


And, finally, an announcement! I have decided to participate in NaBloPoMo! Let's hope I can come up with some interesting stuff to talk about every day in November... Have a great week, all!



4 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

I can't believe he's already pulling himself up! He's going to be mobile in no time. I look at your blog to see what Lily will be doing in a few more weeks :) I'm a big fan of the Baby Whisper. Hope it works for you!

Blogger L Sass said...

Sigh. Nothing like a nudie baby butt on Monday morning to start the week off right.

Wow, that sounds much creepier written out on the internet than it did in my head.

Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I cannot believe he is standing!!! That boy is clearly a genius!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe Aiden is standing up already! This kid is going to be TROUBLE...! Wow, he is growing so fast, he's incredible - I think you could have a future World's Strongest Man on your hands!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer