Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Blogging is so self centered
Hola. I'm totally going to have some great blogging ahead. Not right now, but soon. Know why?

I am getting a Brazilian bikini wax this afternoon.

That's right, say goodbye to the bush. Yea, I said it. I've always just shaved to get the desired effect, but I get so tired of having to keep up with it. Plus? Itchy. So bring on the wax! I am ready! Slather my privates with hot wax and go for it! I'm not scared!

(oh crap. why am i going to pay $60 for hot molten torture?)

Until such time as I can extrapolate on the great adventure that's about to take place in my crotch, how about a meme? Yes, a meme will provide a nice distraction.

(do you know how many hairs are down there? they'll be ripped out one by one. gah. must.stop.thinking.about.this.)

Okay, now for a meme ripped from Rockstar Mommy. (no pun intended. Aw, who am I kidding? Of course it was intended!)


What I've Been Obsessed With in My Life
Toddlerhood (up to 5 years old)
  • Cherries. Like the maraschino kind. My PopPop would buy huge gallon jars of them for me, and there were many pictures taken of me with my whol arm inside the cherry jar.
  • Riding horses. I started riding when I was three years old. Our whole family had horses, and I was riding on long trail rides from a really young age. I won a bunch of trophies for being the youngest rider in a lot of horse events.
  • My pets. I've always been an animal lover.
  • Disney movies. Had every Disney video known to man. Memorized them. Can still recite lines from them. Ariel (the Little Mermaid) rules. Don't challenge me on this or you will be hurt.

Childhood (age 5 to 9)

  • Training/showing dogs. Started when I was six, and we went all over the place to show my dog. I was the youngest kid ever to win dog show titles in the American Kennel Club. It was so much fun that I still show today. Re-reading this one makes me sound like a dork. But it is what it is.
  • Stealing pencils and art supplies. I was a little klepto in second grade. Got busted a bunch of times for taking other kids stuff. What was wrong with me?? :)
  • Beating up my little sister. She was a pain in the ass, okay?
  • Reading. I would read everywhere. At dinner, while I walked, in the bathtub.

Pre-Teen (9 to 12)

  • Michael Jackson. God, he used to be so cool. Went to his concert. Was amazing.
  • New Kids on the Block. Look, everyone liked them. So sue me! p.s. Jon, I still love you. Even if you might be gay like your brother. I heart U 4eva.
  • My weight. I got really chubby in middle school. Kids were so fracking nasty. I can still remember their taunting. It made me very uncomfortable with being in social situations, and sometimes I still think I am scarred from it.
  • 4-H. It was so much fun, made a lot of lasting friends.

Early Teens (13-16)

  • Losing weight. I lost weight the summer before 9th grade and it was great to go back to school.
  • Boys. See above. Got lots of attention. Positive attention, which I wasn't used to.
  • First serious boyfriend. Dated for 2 years, starting when I was 15.
  • Theater/singing. My big extracurricular activity. I did so many shows!
  • 4-H. Still doing this, showing the dogs/horses/etc. Just call me dorkus.

Late Teens (16-20)

  • College. I was a dork and got great grades, even though it didn't matter.
  • Partying. Yay college!
  • Another serious boyfriend. Who would later become my husband.
  • Sex. What? It was fun!
  • Scholarship pageants. Started competing in Miss Maryland, to win money to pay for college. I finally won was I was 21.

Early 20's to Present Day:

  • My family.
  • Getting a job in television.
  • Getting married. Loved wedding planning.
  • My house. It's my new obsession, along with:
  • Babies. I don't know if I am totally ready to have kids, but instinct is kicking in.
  • Reading. Still love it, still do it whenever I can.
  • Howard Stern. Hil.ar.i.ous.
  • Blogging!
  • The internet! I am obsessed!
  • Shopping for great clothes/shoes. Cuz I can finally afford them!

I could keep going but I need to take a shower. Gotta be fresh for the appointment this afternoon. Damn, I hadn't even thought that this is going to require me to be naked and spread my butt cheeks for a stranger.

I'll leave you with that thought for now. Sorry!




4 Comments:

Blogger Eris said...

Oh no! I just totally tagged you for a meme at my place and stopped by to find your email address so I could get it to you, but now, you already have one! And you are getting a bikini wax! Which is totally unrelated!

I still need your email address please. Even if you are all memed out.

Blogger Silly Hily said...

HA! Thanks for that.:-)
NKOTB was my first concert.

Blogger Nikki said...

WOW...a brazilian. You are a brave woman...but then again I am too chicken-sh#t to have one done myself. Good luck!!

Update afterwards.

Blogger Janet said...

just FYI, you inspired me to finally take the plunge and book my pre-wedding bikini wax (brazilian baby!). first ever. So I got up the nerve to call, but they only book 2 months ahead of time. I guess I jumped the gun a little. But I am still going to do it. Please tell me it doesn't hurt TOO TOO bad?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer